• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

F1 Season Start 2014 !!!! Aussie on top ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I really think Daniel Riccardo is going to be one to watch this year in the F1. I know this is more of a UK/EU/AU motor sport, but Dan Riccardo was noticed years ago, when he tested for Red Bull on their home track, and SMASHED the track record and Seb's time by 1 ½ Seconds.
In F1 racing, thats a huge, huge difference when it comes down to 1000ths/sec

Here is a exert from the Aust Grand Prix page
Lewis Hamilton has claimed his third pole position in Australia and the 32nd of his career with a time of 1:44.595 in the Mercedes in a thrilling shoot-out at Albert Park.

Dan Ricciardo grabbed the headlines with a best-ever front-row spot on debut for Red Bull – while teammate and World Champion Sebastian Vettel failed to make it into the final segment of qualifying for the first time since 2012.

Rookie Kevin Magnussen is on the second row for McLaren in his first-ever F1 race.

Three World Champions – Button, Raikkonen, Vettel – miss out on Q3. They account for six previous pole positions here.

Good luck Dan, and I hope you kick Seb's rear end this year and I know you will take out the Rookie of the year, and maybe the championship :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
Up at 5.45am to watch this live this morning. All a bit disappointing I thought although the circuit at Melbourne seldom makes for exciting racing with the emphasis on fuel economy rather than flat out speed.

DR did do well (and I hope he continues to do so) but has since been disqualified for fuel issues.

If Bottas hadn't punctured I think he could have gone well and was charging through the field.

Hopefully the new cars and technology will settle down and allow Jensen Button to romp home with the title......sorry I meant to say lead to some superb close racing. If only they sounded a bit better.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
LOL Brent should have waited mate.

Disqualified for using too much fuel!!!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
time to celebrate gentlemen

I'm off to the Belgian GP at Spa in August - hope the racing stays as close as it did today

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2012 Mini i5, 2.5GHz, 8GB & 2011 Mini i5, 2.3GHz, 8GB both with 20" Apple Cinema Displays
I'm off to the Belgian GP at Spa

Fantastic track. Hopefully Kimi's season will finally start properly at Spa, one of his favourite circuits where he has done so well in the past...

OP
TattooedMac
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
Daniel got his 1st First place and 3rd in the Drivers Championship . . .. I bet Seb's really pee'd off at the moment LAMO and I'm so happy for him. He is quick and has done well.

Wish I was going to Spa :(

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.