Time Machine - include SD card

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
I reformatted my SD card to the specifications that I found online and now it doesn't show up in the "excluded" list in Time Machine, which is fine. However, I'd like to be able to back the contents up in Time Machine, but they aren't backing up. I won't be removing the card, but it is all work files and don't want them taking up space on the computer. Is it possible to use TM/TC to back them up?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Air M1 2020 Ventura 13.4.1 500Gb 8Gb. iPhone12, Watch 5, HomePods.
Hello,
Your SD card needs to be formatted Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) but you don't say what format yours is.
The process was quite buggy until recently when a fix was applied in the Mavericks upgrade.

OP
J
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 inch, 2020
Hello,
Your SD card needs to be formatted Mac OSX Extended (Journaled) but you don't say what format yours is.
The process was quite buggy until recently when a fix was applied in the Mavericks upgrade.

I did format to OSX extended (journaled) and I thought that the card wasn't being backed up, even after I did that, but I wasn't looking in the right place. It was under devices, in TM, I was looking on the desktop because that's where it was located. It works now. Thanks for your help guys.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.