iCloud backup not showing up in iTunes

Reaction score
When I plug my iPad into my iMac, the iCloud backup I just did does not show up - just an old backup of my phone from two years ago before I got my iMac. I want to be able to see the iPad from my iMac. Now, the iPad can see the iMac but not the other way around. I get a message asking if I want to set up the iPad, which is a year old, six months older than the iMac, using the old phone backup. I think if I set it up I will be able to see it from the iMac, but I need to be able to restore it from the correct backup, which iTunes is not seeing.

Last edited:
OP
J
Reaction score
thanks - yes, but I hadn't seen that. I will check it out.

My iMac is a late 2012 model, 27", Processor 2.9 GHz Intel Core i5, Memory 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3, Graphics NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M 512 MB, Software OS X 10.9.2 (13C64).

OP
J
Reaction score
Well, I set up the iPad as a new iPad, and then did a manual backup, which my computer now sees in iTunes. I didn't restore it, and luckily it seems like nothing is changed. My 10-year-old daughter would be very upset if I messed up all her settings, etc. But I want to see what she is browsing from my iMac. She can see what I am browsing, but I can't see what she is doing. I have her using my apple id because she is under 18. I know that is a drawback of sharing an id, but it just seems like it should go both ways and I should be able to see her device if she can see mine. I can see my phone on my computer though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.