How to Sync iBook with Note 3 .....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
Does anyone know how I can sync my iBook with my Samsung Galaxy Note 3?

My iBook G4 is running Tiger, 10.4.11. The only browser that still runs ok is Safari, which is updated as far as possible, Version 4.1.3.

I would like to be able to simply connect my Note 3 to the iBook via USB, so it will load onto the iBook desktop, allowing me to access the files on the smartphone directly from the iBook, so I can add more files, delete files, reorganize files ......

-- Jim

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In order to sync your Galaxy Note 3 you need to download Samsung "Kies", however, I'm not sure if it's supported in Tiger?

Nope, I just checked:

MacOS X version 10.5 or later
CPU 1.8GHz Intel or faster processor
Minimum memory size (RAM) 512MB or more
Free hard drive space At least 100MB (recommended)

Upgrade your iBook to Leopard and then you should be able to sync the phone. The problem you're going to have is that you need a retail version of Leopard and that's going to be hard to find and expensive.

Download Samsung Kies for Mac from here.

OP
vja4Him
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 2.93 GHz - 10.6.8
In order to sync your Galaxy Note 3 you need to download Samsung "Kies", however, I'm not sure if it's supported in Tiger?

Nope, I just checked:

MacOS X version 10.5 or later
CPU 1.8GHz Intel or faster processor
Minimum memory size (RAM) 512MB or more
Free hard drive space At least 100MB (recommended)

Upgrade your iBook to Leopard and then you should be able to sync the phone. The problem you're going to have is that you need a retail version of Leopard and that's going to be hard to find and expensive.

Download Samsung Kies for Mac from here.

That is what I have found out too. I need to keep my iBook running Tiger, so I can still use Classic, which does not run with Leopard.

I'll just have to wait until I get my MacPro desktop fixed .....

C

chas_m

General rule of thumb: new peripheral plus ANCIENT hardware = not going to mix well.

A better long-term path might be to consider weaning yourself off decade-old-plus Classic software and finding modern substitutes (which are most likely to be superior anyway). At least you have a Mac Pro to handle the immediate issue (once you get it fixed, that is) ...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.