WineSkin help.

Reaction score
Well I have downloaded a game South Park The Stick Of Truth to my macbook and the game works perfect.

My problem is the game audio is in english but all the writing/wording is in french and I am unable to change this via the games settings.

My friend said I need to do this to change it:

The game is in multiple languages.
Use wineskin to open the lng_Selector.exe
Select language
Set wineskin back to the southpark.exe

Then Play the game.

How do I use wineskin to find lng_selector.exe and swap the french sub titles for english?

I am really unsure how to do this.

cheers.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
You'll need to open the Wineskin configuration tool embedded in the package it created for that game. To do so, follow these instructions:

1. Right-click on your game in Finder and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Double-click on Wineskin to launch that.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. In the Configuration tab, under Windows EXE, click the Browse button and find lng_Selector.exe. It should be embedded in your game's package. You'll see a hierarchy of folders mimicking a Windows hard drive and that exe file should be in the same location as the game.
  5. Once done, go back and double-click on the Mac app, like you normally do to run the game. You should instead get the language selector, if it works properly.
  6. Once set, repeat the steps above to correct the Windows EXE so it points back to the correct game launcher.

If you have any further questions or troubles, post back.

OP
R
Reaction score
You'll need to open the Wineskin configuration tool embedded in the package it created for that game. To do so, follow these instructions:

1. Right-click on your game in Finder and select Show Package Contents.
  2. Double-click on Wineskin to launch that.
  3. Select Advanced.
  4. In the Configuration tab, under Windows EXE, click the Browse button and find lng_Selector.exe. It should be embedded in your game's package. You'll see a hierarchy of folders mimicking a Windows hard drive and that exe file should be in the same location as the game.
  5. Once done, go back and double-click on the Mac app, like you normally do to run the game. You should instead get the language selector, if it works properly.
  6. Once set, repeat the steps above to correct the Windows EXE so it points back to the correct game launcher.
If you have any further questions or troubles, post back.

I did all you said and a window popped up to select my language, but after selecting english the game wont start now at all :/

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.