USB TV Tuner Card for Macbook Air

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air (mid-2012) 11.6" with MacOSX 10.9.2
Dear all,

Hello! i'm using a Macbook Air (mid-2012) 11.6". I'm going to buy Gadmei TV Tuner, it is the most available brand in our country. is it possible to use this brand of tv tuner (USB) with Macbook air? OS is- MacOSX 10.9.2 (mavericks). Please suggest.

No official driver found for mac for Gadmei. is there any third-party driver solution for Gadmei USB TV Tuner card?

Regards.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Dear all,

Hello! i'm using a Macbook Air (mid-2012) 11.6". I'm going to buy Gadmei TV Tuner, it is the most available brand in our country. is it possible to use this brand of tv tuner (USB) with Macbook air? OS is- MacOSX 10.9.2 (mavericks). Please suggest.

No official driver found for mac for Gadmei. is there any third-party driver solution for Gadmei USB TV Tuner card?

I went to the Gadmei website...and as you mentioned...I see no info that would indicate that this USB TV Tuner would be Macintosh/Apple compatible.

Personally (to avoid headaches)...I would not try to use this card. Of course...maybe someone else has a different experience.

I would search the internet for a Macintosh compatible USB TV Tuner...something like one of these 5:

5 Great TV Tuners to Watch Live TV on Your Mac - ChrisWrites.com

Then see which one works best for you (cost + shipping).

HTH,

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
The Driver here from MacUpdate, supports the Gadmei UTV310 Driver ~ VideoGlide.

If not, why not buy something that will work and easy to update like the Elgato TV Tuner ?? I use the EyeTV Diversity and works well.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.