an update problem???

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
Just updated both iPhone and iPad to IOS 7.1
It seemed to go flawlessly, but now something is different with iTunes.
I backup both devices to my computer instead of iCloud. Both can sync via WiFi.
When I would open iTunes, I would see both devices listed and was able to sync from there w/o having to attach cable.
Now that the update is done, the only device I see when nothing is connected is the iPad. iPhone will only show is I have the cable connected, although it does not have to be connected to computer, it shows when connected to battery charger.
Why would I now only have iPad showing with no physical connection and not both, as was the case before the update?
Just wondering.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
A glitch that happens to me sometimes restarting iTunes usually resolves it although on one instance I had to turn the iPhone off and restart both iTunes and the phone.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
I stand corrected in order to do a wireless sync after iOS 7.1 is installed you need to connect via USB and answer TRUST on your pad/phone screen concerning the computer that its attached to then it should sync wirelessly after that or it has for me.

C

chas_m

Yes, there was actually a dialog saying as much when I finished the updates on the two devices, that in order to restore wireless syncing I would need to connect the devices to the computer once again.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
Soon after I posted my original question, both iPhone & iPad showed as devices in iTunes without any cable attached to computer or charger. Just checked and the situation is still both showing.
Now, if only Airdrop would work as smoothly

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.