Annoyed "the application software update has suddenly quit"

Reaction score
My IMAC has suddenly decided to display the alert "the app Software Update has unexpectedly quit" and I'm getting the alert 3-4 times a day, when I'm not even using the app! When I do go to open software updates it works fine... I've did all the safe boot, PRAM, repair permissions, blah blah. Can anybody help me with this? I have OS 10.5.8 installed.

OP
R
Reaction score
My IMAC has suddenly decided to display the alert "the app Software Update has unexpectedly quit" and I'm getting the alert 3-4 times a day, when I'm not even using the app! When I do go to open software updates it works fine... I've did all the safe boot, PRAM, repair permissions, blah blah. Can anybody help me with this? I have OS 10.5.8 installed.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sure. Go to the Apple web site and purchase a Snow Leopard DVD for $19.99 and install it. Then update Snow Leopard to at least 10.6.6 and you'll have direct access to the Mac App store and software updates. The purchase link is here.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
See the response to your other post about upgrading to Snow Leopard for twenty bucks.

Mods do not like duplicate posts!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your posts have been combined here. Please do not crosspost.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.