Dynamic Desktop Background

Reaction score
Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in VT
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Mid-2011 27”: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) MacOS 12.2.1: iPad Pro (12.9”) (4th Gen) iPadOS 15.
I am thinking of displaying my Apple Calendar (month view) as a desktop background. Presuming that the calendar changes (additions, modifications, removal of events) within each month, I am asking the following:

1. Can something dynamic (the Calendar) be displayed there?
2. If not, I would try to write up an AppleScript to run each time I log onto the machine. This would take screen shot of that month's calendar and make that shot the background.

This would be a lesser solution as it isn't really dynamic, but a close second.

Any suggestions or ideas is appreciated by me.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
I think what you want is GeekTool. It lets you run scripts and add things to your desktop. You'd have to find a way to get what you want from a script but this would be an easy way of getting that stuff onto your desktop.

OP
Brooklynguy
Reaction score
Born in Brooklyn, bred in Manhattan, living in VT
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Mid-2011 27”: MacBook Pro (13-inch, 2017) MacOS 12.2.1: iPad Pro (12.9”) (4th Gen) iPadOS 15.
I think what you want is GeekTool. It lets you run scripts and add things to your desktop. You'd have to find a way to get what you want from a script but this would be an easy way of getting that stuff onto your desktop.

I have GeekTool on my iMac, just never really looked it over. I'll read up on how to use it and see what I can do. Thanks for the tip.

BG

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.