iPhoto for 10.6.8

Reaction score
I lost everything off my mac the other day and am trying to re-install everything.. I am trying to find iPhoto for Snow Leopard and am very confused as to what one I should be downloading. I installed my Snow Leopard from a disc and as far as I can see it didn't come with iPhoto or iLife. I only need the iPhoto but if I need to download iLife to get it.. I will. Free would be good but I don't mind having to pay.
Hoping someone can help me here.. thank you

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What happened to your original install disks for your Mac? If your Mac came pre-installed with Snow Leopard, you received two disks. The second disk in the set has iPhoto and iLife on it.

OP
D
Reaction score
When I bought my mac it had Leopard and then I upgraded to Snow Leopard. I have my original disks but it doesn't seem to be there.. and I have only one Snow Leopard disk. I am at the moment downloading Xcode tools from my Leopard 2nd disk as I have no idea whats on it.. but I've look every where else and am now at a loss as to what to do next.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Your original Leopard install disks do have iLife and iPhoto on them. I can remember my original Leopard disks had them, so I know your does too. The problem, however, is that you'll need software to extract them unless you want to install Leopard first than install Snow Leopard on top of Leopard. It's up to you.

Pacifist 3.2.5 can extract them for you. Pacifist is not free, but you can use it during the trial period.

OP
D
Reaction score
O.K. what I did was .. loaded Leopard and then Snow Leopard and everything is now working. Thank you so much for your help. :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That's great, glad to hear you're back up. Now be sure to start making backups so you don't have to go through all that again. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.