Problems since update

Reaction score
My ipad won't rotate and it won't switch off it doesn't respond to force switching off can anyonelp

C

chas_m

There's no way the iPad won't respond to pressing and holding the sleep switch, unless it has been broken. This will eventually (about four seconds) produce a "power off" option.

OP
G
Reaction score
It does not work and I have tried holding down the power off and home button to force switch off this doesn't work either. The rotate switch is not working either it is locked in portrait mode. The ipad was working fine until I did a software update earlier tonight

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which iPad do you have and what software update did you install?

OP
G
Reaction score
Ipad2 not sure which update. I have reset my iPad and started it as a new one still the same have now found a black icon that allows control manually of rotate and screen shot along with other commands, never seen this icon before.

C

chas_m

I think you have somehow turned on an accessibility mode for people with disabilities. A screen shot sure would be useful if you can manage it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.