Mute/Volume icon keeps appearing

Reaction score
How can I stop the mute/volume icon that keeps appearing for no apparent reason when I'm reading the on-line version of the Times? I think it happens only with this app but am not 100 per cent sure.

Comments greatly appreciated.

M

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Which app are you referring to and does it happen when reading other books or papers?

OP
M
Reaction score
Mute icon

Thanks for your reply.
The App is the one for the Times (London) newspaper and I don't think that the problem occurs with others. On the other hand, I don't use the iPad for much else other than this newspaper and the 'Tunein' App to listen to internet radio.

M

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
That's probably something that you'll need to resolve with the developer of the London Times reader app. I wonder if it's possible to use another app to read the Times, or is it something that is proprietary for that paper only? Perhaps another of our UK forum members could help out with this.

C

chas_m

Are you sure you are holding the iPad in such a way that no fingers are resting on the rocker switch for volume? Sorry but since its something I've done accidentally I figure it doesn't hurt to ask.

OP
M
Reaction score
Well, it may indeed be 'finger trouble' ... although I tend to hold the iPad around the top left corner.

It's a very annoying thing because the icon appears in the middle of a page. I somehow doubt that it's down to the App because the 'Times' is a well-subscribed service and I think others would have experienced it.

Thanks for the help thus far ... wonder if anyone else is getting the same problem.

M

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.