iTunes sorting

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a way to have a different sort within different genres?

Basically, I want to have all classical music in composer order and all the rest in Artist order.

I can always click the column header to change the sort but I'd rather not have to!!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You could probably do it by building playlists. In other words, your classical music separate in playlists from your other music. Still requires some work though sorting things.

Take a look at third party iTunes add ons which you can find in the Mac App store or by searching the net. I'm not sure what's available since I only use iTunes for our home recordings and lectures.

OP
G
Reaction score
Thanks but that sounds even more long winded that just clicking in a column header to change it.

I'll look into the add ons though, there may be something I can use. Thanks for the idea.

OP
G
Reaction score
Nope, you were right and I was wrong. Did a playlist by dragging all the baroque music into a new one and sort by composer does the trick.

Great stuff, thanks a lot :)

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Great, glad it worked for you. Have fun. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.