Images out of order on iPad air.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac late 2014, 3TB Fusion drive, with 3.4Ghz Intel core i7 @ 32gig DDR3+ Thunderbold Display
Hi.
Have just scanned in nearly 400 postcards, and numbered them so they show in a particular order, all is fine on my iMac but once transfered to my iPad the image order changes and they are all over the place, any idea why this should happen and how can i correct it.
Useng Mavericks on imac and latest OS on iPad air.

regards,
Bob Mallet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi.
Have just scanned in nearly 400 postcards, and numbered them so they show in a particular order, all is fine on my iMac but once transfered to my iPad the image order changes and they are all over the place, any idea why this should happen and how can i correct it.
Useng Mavericks on imac and latest OS on iPad air.

When you numbered them, did you use "1" for number 1? Or "001" for number 1? When you are numbering items, always use a numbering scheme padded out with 0s so you have the same number or characters. Some software just won't sort it right if not. For example, if I have files numbered "1, 5, 11, 111", some software will sort that as "1, 11, 111, 5". Seems ridiculous, I know, but some apps sort by the first character. I'm not sure if the software you are using on the iPad is doing this though. What app are you using anyway? And how is it showing the sorting?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac late 2014, 3TB Fusion drive, with 3.4Ghz Intel core i7 @ 32gig DDR3+ Thunderbold Display
Hi.
They were all numbered 0001 onwards on my iMac but when it sorts on my ipad the first image is 0005 then 0006 then 0003 then 0001, so the order is way out, I have used Photo manager Pro and Sort Shots, none of them will sort properly, I need them in the same order as on my imac.
regards,
Bob

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Hi.
They were all numbered 0001 onwards on my iMac but when it sorts on my ipad the first image is 0005 then 0006 then 0003 then 0001, so the order is way out, I have used Photo manager Pro and Sort Shots, none of them will sort properly, I need them in the same order as on my imac.
regards,
Bob

Unfortunately I simply have no way of knowing what the problem is, and I can't troubleshoot it without purchasing the software myself. I would contact the developers to work it out with them.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for that will contact them for help!!....any picture viewers you would say were worth looking at that may do the job better on an iPad Air.

regards,
Bob on the rock.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.