Who do I complain to?

Reaction score
I'm looking for the name a senior executive at Apple corporate I can complain to

To cut a long story short I had my company purchasing department order me an Apple Mac the order was accepted and confirmed by Apple but arrived with the wrong keyboard type. I live in Singapore and the local web site shows that if I order a mac I will receive an international English keyboard (as confirmed on my Apple order). What I actually received was a US English keyboard. When I complained I was told I had received the right keyboard and I should just use it. After a few phone calls and emails Apple Singapore finally admitted that the web site was wrong and that what I received was a US English keyboard, and the could not supply a international English keyboard (as is still today detailed on their web site). Apple Singapore refuse to put any of this in writing (only verbal) so I cannot get my purchasing dept to re order and Apple have told them all is OK. Even though verbally they have admitted the web site is wrong and they have supplied the wrong product.

They simply refuse to do anything about it stating I should just accept the keyboard delivered. After 30 years of using a different keyboard layout I cannot change.....

Apple have admitted they have supplied the wrong product and refuse to fix the issue. There must be someone I can complain to so we can get this problem sorted.

looking for names......

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
Apple Keyboard with Numeric Keypad ..... 49 US Dollars.
Problem solved.

About " Not being able to change after 30 years ...... " .... have you even tried ?

Cheers ... McBie

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
HDon't be tough on the OP. he ordered a Mac with special requirements, order confirmed and not met with. PM Tim Cook direct miken21.

C

chas_m

I'm willing to lay down $5 that this was not the Apple Retail Stores in Singapore, but just an "Apple dealer." Anybody want in on this?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What difference does it make if it was an Apple store or not? The order came from Apple and they sent him the wrong keyboard. He also stated "Apple Singapore" which is Apple's official presence in Singapore.

C

chas_m

It wasn't my intention to "blame the victim" here in any way shape or form, and I'm sorry if anyone got that impression. I was saying that this doesn't sound like the sort of experience one would get from an official Apple Store (since there doesn't appear to be one in Singapore yet -- I thought one had opened but apparently I was mistaken).

If the OP has in fact been dealing with the real Apple Singapore, which is located at this address:
Apple South Asia Pte Ltd
7 Ang Mo Kio Street 64
Singapore 569086 (65) 64815511

(bearing in mind there are a lot of less-than-legit "Apple Stores" in the region)

Then I of course concur with those who have advised him to contact Apple's US headquarters.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I dont deny he should get what he ordered. But out of curiosity what is the difference? I have purchased computers and laptops all over the world while doing purchasing for the Navy and other then power cords for the PSU I never seen any difference in the systems, including the keyboards. Thats unless you ordered a Chinese keyboard.

C

chas_m

US Keyboard:
keyboard_maxwidth.jpg

International English keyboard:

English-International-Keyboard.jpeg

(the two keyboards are actually the same size, the pulled images seen here are just slightly different)

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
I dont deny he should get what he ordered. But out of curiosity what is the difference? I have purchased computers and laptops all over the world while doing purchasing for the Navy and other then power cords for the PSU I never seen any difference in the systems, including the keyboards. Thats unless you ordered a Chinese keyboard.

There are a numerous different keyboard layouts. Many of them country/language specific.

Click on any of the links in link below. There are about 33 different keyboards listed:

How to identify keyboard localizations

- Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.