Mac App Store "Temporarily unavailable" ?

Reaction score
Hello!

I'm trying to upgrade my OS X from 10.6.8 to the latest. When I open the App Store on my computer, I am able to sign in and view the store, but a dialog comes up for me to read and accept the new Terms and Conditions. When I click through to read/accept, the message comes up that "App store is temporarily unavailable." I believe this message is in error. Is there a solution to this or another way to download/install the new operating system?

I have restarted my computer a couple of times already and have nothing other than the power cord attached.

Thank you in advance!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If this continues Penelope perhaps downloading and running the OS X.6.8 Combo Updater may do the trick. App Store open just fine fopr me:-

http://support.apple.com/kb/dl1399

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Maybe Apple is performing some maintenance on the Mac App Store.

- Nick

OP
Penelope8
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I was sure the message was in error, but when I tried later I was able to install with no problems. I guess Apple was tinkering with the App Store after all! Thanks again!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.