iWeb NO LONGER opens an iWeb file

Reaction score
I recently migrated my files from an older MacBook Pro (2009) to a newer one running OSX 10.8.5. The iWeb program on my new laptop opened my website and I was able to modify and update it as usual. Since a few days, it has stopped opening my file. Not only that, when opened, iWeb does not allow to create a new site. When clicking 'FILE,' none of the options are usable. I've searched through various threads but found none that could fix my problem. Can someone please help?

Reaction score
I recently migrated my files from an older MacBook Pro (2009) to a newer one running OSX 10.8.5. The iWeb program on my new laptop opened my website and I was able to modify and update it as usual. Since a few days, it has stopped opening my file. Not only that, when opened, iWeb does not allow to create a new site. When clicking 'FILE,' none of the options are usable. I've searched through various threads but found none that could fix my problem. Can someone please help?

Have you tried right click the file and selected Open With iWeb or the other apps. :Smirk:

OP
Z
Reaction score
I have tried. When I select the default program to open the file, it opens iWeb but that's it. I still can't use iWeb for anything as none of the actions can be used. What is interesting is that my Library file is hidden. When I go to Home, I can't see the Library file among the others. However, when I search for the iWeb file by typing ~/Library/Application Support/iWeb in the Go to Folder, the file comes up and the Library folder shows up, faintly, among the other folders in Home. Can this be part of the problem? But either way, why does iWeb not open fully and offer all features when I click to open it? I have verified the hard drive in Disk Utility and all looks good.....I am out of ideas of what to do.

M

MacInWin

No, Apple chose to hide the ~/Library in Mountain Lion, and kept that in Mavericks. So that's not the problem. To see the Library file, in Finder, click on Go in the topi menu bar while holding down the Option key and it will appear as before.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.