why was my question deleted?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2015 Retina 4K iMac. Monterey. 8GB RAM. Crucial 500GB external SSD
I got an email saying theirs a reply. but the link is not working. my post seems to be deleted. :Confused:

id like to know why my question was removed? I cant answer the persons reply/question when my post gets removed for no reason. my post was a legitimate question.

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
What was your question? We don't remove posts for no reason. It's possible that it was merged with another if it was similar to another discussion.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
thats possible maybe they moved it. so the link in the email didnt take me to it.

it was about clamxav what it just found. possible false positive I guess?

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
advanced search isnt finding it. sure looks like its been deleted.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope. this was had clamxav in the title. and a photo of something a scan found.

here is the email I got. but the link dont work.

Dear macgig,

lifeisabeach has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - clamXav found this - in the Security Awareness forum of Mac Forums.

This thread is located at:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/security-awareness/309219-clamxav-found-new-post.html

Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by macgig)---
the file is actually comodo antivirus.

false positive?
---End Quote---
Probably. Although the bigger question is why you are running 2 (or more) pieces of AV software on top of Apple's own XProtect?

the link goes to this.

vBulletin Message

macgig, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

sure looks deleted to me.

Reaction score
That's not it. I remember seeing the original. Cant find it now.

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nope. this was about clam x av something it found.

its gone. why I have no idea. legitimate question and post. and I can't reply to the persons comment if the post is removed.

looks deleted. the question remains, why?

next time lemme know if you're going to delete a post. so I can copy the post and picture and post on another forum that wont delete posts... thanks.

all the years I've posted on many mac forums, this is the first time I know of a post getting deleted. its not like I was spamming. was a legitimate question.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
It was a legitimate question that you answered yourself, and asking the same kinds of questions relating to the same topic ad nauseam doesn't add a lot of value to the forum..

We realize that you have questions about virus/malware and so on. Being concerned about your system is fine and we've tried to quell those concerns with useful responses. But running one anti-virus after another and posting every report that those software generate is hardly useful.

As was explained in your various posts, OS X is a much more secure operating system than others out there, and with a little bit of due diligence on your part, you can keep yourself and your data fully protected without the overhead of anti-virus applications. If you, however, wish to run a few of these software that's your prerogative, but you have already received the answer on our stance in these forums..

OP
macgig
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I ran 2 AV programs.... per the replies I got in other posts I removed avast and installed clamxAV. when clam X found something that was a concern. so it was a relevant post trying to see if I needed to be concerned about what it found. but of course the post was deleted so its tough for anyone to reply. this appears to be a bad place to post anything about antivirus on the mac. some people got pretty sarcastic with their replies... since I posted a picture it could be useful to someone that has found the same thing and wondered if theirs reason to be concerned.

but thats cool. next time the AV program finds something I wont post or ask about it here. I'll just goggle it and post elsewhere.

Raz0rEdge

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2022 Mac Studio M1 Max, 2023 M2 MBA
There are many members here who have been using Macs for a very long time and we have new users switching over to Macs from Windows/Linux what have you.

We also have many members, including me, who use a variety of OS' on a day to day basis and the threat of malware is something you SHOULD be concerned about and take effective steps to protect yourself..

So spend a little time reading through the forums on posts about this topic since you are not the first one to ask about it..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.