Trouble deleting Windows via BootCamp

Reaction score
Hello,

I've installed windwos about a year ago on my Macbook Pro via BootCamp.
Now I wish to delete it and I feagured out that the only way to do it is also via BootCamp.
When I open BootCamp there is only one option available: "Download the latest Apple software fro Windows".
Below that there is an options that says: "Install or remove Windows 7" but I can't choose it for some reason.
I also can't (and shouln't) delete the windows partition with Disk Utility. I can easily access my BootCamp partition via Finder but it seems as if Boot Camp Utility doesn't realize that I've already installed Windows.
Is it because I don't have the Windows installation?

Thanks for the help
MacBook Pro, Mac OS 9.1.x

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
When you run Boot Camp it should give you the option of removing the Boot Camp partition and restoring your hard drive back to OS X. Did you install Windows 7 properly using Boot Camp and the Apple driver download?

If you can't remove Windows 7 using Boot Camp you'll have to do it by using Disk Utility from your recovery partition.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.