Manual eject?

W

wquinn1717

One more question.... Is there any way to get a disk out of an ibook G4(2004) when the computer wont turn on? I am driving myself nuts here. Thanks for your help.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Right after you press the power button, hold down the mouse button till the CD Ejects.

OP
W

wquinn1717

Thanks for the response, but it isnt working. I read that it would work, I am not sure what the problem is. Thanks for your help. Any other suggestions?
Cheers,
Woody

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MacBook Pro
Restart the computer while holding down Command (Apple) + Alt + O + F. A command prompt type thing will come up, type eject cd. The cd will pop out, then type mac-boot and the computer will boot up.

OP
W

wquinn1717

Thanks, but....

That didnt work either. The problem is that when I turn the computer on, it shows signs of life for about 30 seconds, and then nothing happens. I am hoping that if I can get this DVD out and load my install disk, i will be able to boot. Is the any truely manual way to get the disk out?

OP
W

wquinn1717

Anyone else????

Does anyone else have any ideas of how to get the disk out?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.