Black Magic Speed Test doesnt work on my new SSD ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
Hi I have just successfully installed my new SSD 480gig and am well pleased with it.

Before it was delivered, which took less than 24 hours from Crucial, I tested the speed of all my other drives using BlackMagic SpeedTest from the App store, I took a screenshot of each drive I had, external and internal.

After it was fitted and up and running I couldn't wait to Speed test the SSD to see figures in the Hundreds instead of the Fifties which I got with my other Hard Drives !.

So I was very disappointed to be TOLD that the SSD was Read Only !!!!

I just dont understand it ?, any ideas anyone, the SSD can't really be READ only otherwise it would throw up errors continually when using other programs that WRITE to disk .

BTW, I have also Un-Installed BlackMagic several times and Installed it again, also several times , always the same message.

When I put the SSD in a USB3 external case to format it etc. it also gave the same error, that was after it was formatted, and before it was actually fixed inside my lap top.

Tim

Screen Shot 2014-03-04 at 18.21.04.png

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
From the menu - have you tried

File - Select target disk

to make sure the internal drive is the one selected?

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" + iPhone 5S
From the menu - have you tried

File - Select target disk

to make sure the internal drive is the one selected?

Sure thing BOBTOMAY that is definitely what I did, that is when the message pops up, it's dammed stupid !!.

Tim

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.