Watermarking software

Reaction score
There are dozens of free watermarking softwares out there but is there a "preferred" one amongst the members?
I tried Pixillion and it was certainly easy and did the job, but now (horror of horrors) they want me to buy it!:Not-Amused:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
What word processing program are you using as most have this facility?

For example if using Office 2001 go to Insert > Watermark. You then have the option to insert picture or text.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
L2012 Mini, i7 2.6Ghz, 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD + 1TB HDD(fusion), BenQ 32" 2.5k QHD Display
I use the built in watermark feature in Adobe Lightroom

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks guys and yes harry, I do have the facility in my Word but how does one apply the watermark to an image? I've tried Insert picture" and then insert watermark but I can only get it to apply it to the background page, not on the image?

C

chas_m

Using Word to watermark a photo is like using an elephant to mail a package.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Elephant or no, if you already have Word, use it. However, there are many free Watermarking apps for the Mac. Here's one. And a Google search brought up several more. Be careful of which versions of OS X they support.

Reaction score
You can do simple annotation in Preview if you're just looking to add text.
You can also overlay an image (pre-made watermark) if it's got a transparent background.

C

chas_m

I apologise, I forgot to add what I use for watermarking (when not using Photoshop):

My current favourite is ResizeMe (sadly discontinued but it still works in Mavericks), but there's also Softmatic Watermark ($5), PhotoBulk ($10), and Photo Batcher ($10.90)

Any one of these is likely to meet your needs, and while not free are very reasonably priced, I'm sure you'll agree.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.