How to make pasted text autoformat in Pages?

Reaction score
I have an address label template. I want to be able to copy mailing addresses from emails (which are in a different font and color) and paste them into this address label template but somehow have them either auto-formatted to a specific font/size/color combo, or somehow create a macro button in Pages that will automate the process for me. Is that possible?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Edit Menu = Selecting "Paste and Match Style" should follow the format of the Address Label Template. In other words, what you paste into a template will paste in as the same font and color unless you change it. The problem you may run into is overflow of text if what you're pasting exceeds the formatting limits of the template. (size and length)

OP
E
Reaction score
Edit Menu = Selecting "Paste and Match Style" should follow the format of the Address Label Template. In other words, what you paste into a template will paste in as the same font and color unless you change it. The problem you may run into is overflow of text if what you're pasting exceeds the formatting limits of the template. (size and length)

That did the trick. So simple yet hidden. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.