Best Windows VNC client for Mac host?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15" mid 2012 16 gb ram
I have an older Mac Mini that is on 24/7. I almost always use it through VNC. The monitor is a 32" LCD display, as it is mainly used as an HTPC.

It is quite easily to use the Mini from another Mac with built in screen sharing. Yet I am left underwhelmed when using a Windows VNC client. So far I've tried UltraVNC and RealVNC. The keyboard is awkward. For example, I can't use Cmd-Space for spotlight. I have to click it with a mouse in the menu bar. And the Mac track pad gestures don't work through VNC. A Windows VNC client destroys the Mac user experience.

I have an OS X app I use a lot and can't use it from Boot Camp.

Is there a better way to remote into a Mac from a Windows box?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Moved you here to this forum as it's not a Switcher topic.

Having never used a VNC client from Windows to access my Mac(s) I have no idea which works best, but I suspect they all will suffer from the same lack of Mac experience you're looking for.

Anyway, take a look at this list. Some are free, others are not.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.