iPhone 4S Very weak 'seeing' networks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
Good morning!

Using Wi-Fi Explorer on a late model 2009 iMac in my upstairs home office shows me the networks available in my neighborhood. Here is what I see:

My iPhone 4S, on the other hand, can only see my network and I am only just a couple of feet away from my router.

Shouldn't it see a couple more of the networks around me or is it just weak?

TIA!

Cheers!

Pat

PS- I am awaiting the release of the next iPhone later this year and hopefully it will be much better in seeing nearby networks.

PPS- I just previewed this post and the screenshot I took of my Wi-Fi Explorer graph didn't show up. Suggestions?

vansmith

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mini (2014, 2018, 2020), MBA (2020), iPad Pro (2018), iPhone 13 Pro Max, Watch (S6)
PPS- I just previewed this post and the screenshot I took of my Wi-Fi Explorer graph didn't show up. Suggestions?
I can't really help with the other things but it looks as if you dragged the picture into your post. Regardless, you need to attach the file using the paperclip icon in the toolbar when writing your post to add content.

OP
p_rod
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Late '09 iMac; Late '11 MBAir, 2017 iMac from ****!
I apologize for an extended senior moment in an earlier post. I did just drag the image into my thread without doing it the proper way (yet could not find a way to do it in the "EDIT" mode, hence this post.

Below, is the screen shot of my Wi-Fi Explorer program that resides on my iMac, yet my iPhone 4S only sees my own network and none of the other nine my iMac can see. Any Ideas?

http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=20241&stc=1&d=1393860194

And thanks to van smith for his quick reply to my earlier dilemma! :)

Screen Shot 2014-03-03 at 9.46.33 AM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.