Alternative Browser

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Sorry, that Subject doesn't really explain what I'd like to learn, but I hope the following will do so.

The issue is opening links sent in an email (Eudora-SnowLpd or Lpd; or Entourage-Mavericks). Command-Click defaults to Safari. Not a major problem EXCEPT with YouTube videos, where an infuriating video ad imposes itself not only at the beginning, but now 2-3 seconds into the video one wishes to watch. Safari does not block YT video ads.

I would like to use Chrome or Firefox to view YouTube videos from links sent to me in an email. How can I get Cmd-click to open the link in an email in one of those browsers?

C

chas_m

Set Chrome or Firefox as your default browser. You can set that in Safari.

(spoiler: this will make absolutely zero difference with the YouTube ads)

OP
hughvane
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
Set Chrome or Firefox as your default browser. You can set that in Safari.

(spoiler: this will make absolutely zero difference with the YouTube ads)

Thank you Chas - I stumbled across the browser setting option in Safari when looking for something else, so all done now.

One small correction - both Chrome and FFox block YT ads, banner or video - most of the time. There's a script for Chrome (Google it if you're interested, something to do with Developer>Developer Tools), and FFox seems to do it with AdBlock Pro ... Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.