wifi dongle doesn't work with os x 10.9.1

Reaction score
:Oops:Does anyone know of a fix to make my Huawai E169 dongle work on my macbook pro which I have just updated to os x 10.9.1. If not does anyone know a dongle that will work, all the ones I have looked at say compatible up to 10.8. Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Only thing I can think of is check the site that makes that dongle for an updated driver for 10.9.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Nothing is apparent. Have contacted three who say my dongle is too old and have to get a new one. Wouldn't have upgraded to os x if I had known. Didn't improve my computer anyway.

C

chas_m

Actually it has in a million little ways you haven't noticed yet.

In any event, it shouldn't be a big deal to get the new dongle, apart from the temporary time it take to get it.

Lesson for next time: old hardware/software and new OS rarely mix well. Do your homework and research compatibility before upgrading.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
What version of OSX was on the MBP before you upgraded? So far only things I can find are for lion.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.