Restore DVDs

Reaction score
My first Mac is an G5 1.8Mhz that I purchased last January. It came without any software restore disks. It 'didn't compute' at the time, as I have purchased pcs without any hard copy before, but now I suspect that they were misappropriated en-route.

Of course, I am just over my one year, so it seems that there is no way to contact Apple without buying a service contract.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Is there some way I can make my own? Any place that I can buy a set?

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
pennydini said:
My first Mac is an G5 1.8Mhz that I purchased last January. It came without any software restore disks. It 'didn't compute' at the time, as I have purchased pcs without any hard copy before, but now I suspect that they were misappropriated en-route.

Of course, I am just over my one year, so it seems that there is no way to contact Apple without buying a service contract.

Can anyone offer a suggestion? Is there some way I can make my own? Any place that I can buy a set?

Have you tried apple? Or are you speculating?

I just had apple restore my sytem back to stanadard after screwing up my hardrive. My discs were back at my home in chelsea. So I visited the local apple shop here I was state side and after they confirmed that I wa sthe owner of the machine. Proceeded to restore my system. I was very gratful to them and apple. Obviosly I did with out my dat but I had funvtioning system.

I would honestly give them a try apple have always bent over backwards to help me. Apple have helped me from the days when I use to purchase one machine to oday when I drop £22000 a year on apple IT, today.

OP
P
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply. My system is currently fine, but it's good to know that I may be able to take it to an Apple store if I really needed to.

However, what I would like to do is to acquire the set of retore dvds that I should have received with my purchase. Unfortuneately, I didn't realize that I should have had them until recently.

My concern is that an app may become corrupted and require re-installation and I won't be able to do it. I'd even be willing to pay for the dvds, however apparently one can't even contact Apple without a support contract number. (Is there a way?)

Does anyone know if I can burn my own set?

Thank you again, and if all else fails I'll try the Apple store to see if I can talk them into selling me a set.

Reaction score
London, Germany, USA, France, Holland, Belgium, Ca
Your Mac's Specs
Too many to list but have the latest to oldest macs.
pennydini said:
Thank you so much for the reply. My system is currently fine, but it's good to know that I may be able to take it to an Apple store if I really needed to.

However, what I would like to do is to acquire the set of retore dvds that I should have received with my purchase. Unfortuneately, I didn't realize that I should have had them until recently.

My concern is that an app may become corrupted and require re-installation and I won't be able to do it. I'd even be willing to pay for the dvds, however apparently one can't even contact Apple without a support contract number. (Is there a way?)

Does anyone know if I can burn my own set?

Thank you again, and if all else fails I'll try the Apple store to see if I can talk them into selling me a set.

You could always clone your drive or doa complete back up. I have 8 og my machines as images on an external firwire drive for all data and usoftwrae etc. Also you can ring up apple customer service and ask them. Apple have never fobbed a customer off as far as I know. Explain the situation, as you dobt actully gain anything form just the discs as they dont load unless they find the correct hardware. There is a way to by pass that.

Or ebay I have seen people sell discs?

If you PM me I might be able to help you out. I need to know what you are running on your machine?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.