DVD Burn Folders Can't Be Removed from Favorites Sidebar.

Reaction score
A few days ago, I inserted a blank DVD into my iMac with the intention of burning it. I did this a couple times, though I never actually burned anything to those DVDs. As usual, the Untitled DVDs ("Untitled DVD 4" and "Untitled DVD 5") and appeared in the sidebar of the Finder, with burn command icons.

The problem is, days later, those two listings remain in the sidebar, under the Favorites section and I can't remove them. I tried Ctrl-clicking each of them to access the pop-up menu that includes the Remove from Sidebar command, but it won't even appear. I tried to drag each to the trash, but they won't go in. Simply clicking them takes me nowhere (the window's content does not change). They're like phantom listings that occupy space in the sidebar but are of no use.

What can I do to get rid of them?

BTW, I'm running Mac OS X v 10.7.5 (Lion).

Reaction score
Log out and back in or restart.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
What can I do to get rid of them?

Click on each one of them while holding down your command key. Drag them to the desktop and let them go.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.