Need a good radio app

Reaction score
myTuner definitely

My favorite is myTuner. You can record stations, listen to podcasts and check the top 25 most sold songs per country + listen to sample. It just doesn't do one thing, so I would really recommend this one.

C

chas_m

It depends on what you mean by "radio." VictorBR's suggestion of myTuner is a good one for listening to regular "on air" radio stations, but it doesn't seem to do "internet-only" broadcasters, which is what I prefer.

You may not be aware that iTunes itself offers hundreds of radio stations (traditional and internet-only) for free. On the latest versions of iTunes, this can be found under "Internet" category (and there's also the free iTunes Radio of course, where you can create a customized "channel" based on your own tastes). On older versions of iTunes, you'd see a "Radio" category.

I also am fond of Radium, a cheap menubar tuner. I can simply type in a genre of music or station I feel like listening to, and add it to my favourites. It's $10 for Mac, free for iOS 7, and syncs your favourites between them. Gorgeous looking, but also plays in the background flawlessly while you work.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I also am fond of Radium, a cheap menubar tuner.

+1. What I like about is that it also does the premium services (pay for services) such as Live 365 and Sirius FM.

Reaction score
I agree with chas_m it depends in what you mean. If you mean an internet radio service theres everything from 8tracks which is free to different types of pay services like soundclick. Do you want to listen to podcasts? iTunes is a great solution. If you mean a stand alone application for OS X i personally use snowtape 2.0 its one of the most complete radio apps ive ever come across.

Reaction score
^^^^^
i should explain it lets you record anything u listen to with the application and edit those recordings. It can send to iTunes ect, ect.

Reaction score
There's also Radioline.
And iTunes with Radiolover.

=E=

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini late 2012 2.6ghz i7 8gb ram Fusiondrive ; iMac (mid 2010)
I like Radium too, but mostly I just use the radio built into iTunes. There are many good radio stations on there if you take some time and dig around. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini, OS 10.9.2, Intel i5, 8 gig DDR3
Spotify gives me the sounds I need and Pandora is also good. =E= is correct that you don't have to look too hard to find streamers and podcasts. Try the BBC, maybe.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 21, MacBook Pro 13, iPad 2, iPhone 5, iPod.
To throw in my penny's worth - I'd suggest the "TuneIn Radio" app. Small charge of a couple of £s but well worth it!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.