Newbie - using same programm files for 2 accounts...

G

guybrushthreepo

Hi there,

I have finally switched from my terrible XP PC to an amazing Intel iMac, getting along with it quite well, but have one big problem:

I have 2 different accounts (Mine and my wife), and it seems that we can not access the same files belonging to programm, i.e:

The iPhoto libraray only 1 user can see on its account,
or a Dvd Library programm that stores a collection of dvds, ect¨.

It is obvious that documents are kept under each account, but the Shared document folders for example can be accessed by both accounts.

How can i make programms like iphoto or any other that uses changing files to be available for both?

Thanks everybody for any ideas,

Elad

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
Move the iPhoto library folder to the shared documents folder or change the access permissions and point the app in both accounts to that folder.

To change permissions, select the folder, ctrl-click and select get info. (Or select and hit command+i).

Under ownership and permissions select details and try changing the other users settings.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.