sidebar

Reaction score
I have an icon titled, untitled dvd 2,wich i cannot remove or delete through the normal channels in my sidebar any suggestions how to remove or delete this please.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Thread moved - this would not be a community suggestion.

And, are we to assume you are talking about the sidebar in a Finder window?
Try holding the option key while you drag it off.

OP
W
Reaction score
its the side bar that is there when you open applications the one with title's Devices,Places and Search For, normally when you click on any of the listed icons, whilst holding down the control key, it opens up drop box with the option to remove from sidebar,when i click on this icon nothing happens,if i click on it whilst holding down the ctrl key at the same time it comes up with only one option,that is to open side bar preferences,dragging and trashing in the normal way does not work,the untitled dvd 2 along with what looks like the burn icon [yellow and black pie segments] just springs back to its place in the sidebar p.s you mention option key,is this the same as the ctrl key?.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini (Late 2014) 2.6GHz Intel Core i5 Memory: 8GB 1600MHz DDR3
you mention option key,is this the same as the ctrl key?.

No.

⌘ = command
⌃ = control
⌥ = option
⇧ = shift
⇪ = caps lock
⇥ = Tab Key
⎋ = Escape Key
⏏ = Eject Key
⌫ = delete (the one above the return key)
⌦ = forward delete (the one in the page up/down/home/end cluster)
⌧ = clear
⏎ = return

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Hold down your "command" key as you drag the icon off the sidebar and let it go over the desktop.

OP
W
Reaction score
thanks toMACsh for the extra info on keys and a special thanks to chscag for giving me the actual solution thanks to both you guys this forum is great

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.