Streamlining email on IOS devices

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
My primary email address is a POP account through my ISP. I also have LIVE, GMAIL & of course, ME accounts. When viewing email on my iMac, using MAIL, I naturally am able to filter out ads, etc with JUNK filter, but on the IOS devices, each day I have to delete lots of junk. I decided to use my LIVE account to collect my pop mail and let this be my only IOS mail account and have that account filter the junk before it gets to IOS, but that doesn't happen. New junk doesn't seem to be filtered. If I view and add emails to junk on on iMac first, it does move items on IOS, but I want something that will filter out junk when the first device I look at in the morning is my iPad. Does gmail do a better job at this? I did create a new gmail account just for the iPad/iphone, but haven't configured it yet. I still plan to use the POP account on my iMac as my primary email account

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ferrarr,
Yes, imap is what I do want. I am trying to get 1 that will let me access email either on iPhone or iPad, but it will filter junk before it get to IOS device

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
If you use the gmail IMAP protocol, it will filter out all the junk prior to getting to your iPhone, iPad, Mac, etc. Their junk filters are among the best.

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
chscap, thanks for the input. I think I will go with gmail

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.