Music!...Can't make it stop!

Reaction score
I could really use help here. I use downcast to listen to podcasts on my iPhone 5s in the car and elsewhere. Every time a podcast ends my music starts to play. Always the same song...Abacab by Genesis (old guy here). Obviously alphabetical order. I'm so sick of hearing the beginning of this song. If I delete it it's going to happen with the next song. I thought I could record a "song" with just silence but it won't upload to imatch from my mac. Any ideas?
My hope is to just have nothing play until I select another podcast. Don't want to delete all of the music from the phone either. Thoughts?

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
The "1000 views" you see are the combined views from not only our forum members but include search bots from Google and other search engines. So be patient and if someone knows or has an answer, they'll respond.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Also an unusual issue. Thus many folks viewing have not experienced the same problem...thus may not have a solution.

- Nick

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21 M1 Pro 14" MBP, 23 M2 Pro Mac Mini (MacOS 14), iPhone 15 Pro Max (iOS 17), iPad 6 (iPadOS 17)
assuming you are linking to your in car stereo via bluetooth?

what car is it?

I had a similar problem with Ford Sync where I couldn't stop music streaming from my iPhone.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.