Printing 2 x 4 address labels - HOW?

Reaction score
I regularly use Avery 2" x 4" shipping labels - item #8163 aka #5263 and or knock offs by Office Depot. I print them using my HP and HP printer using Avery's template program installed there. Now that I have switched to this new iMac using an Epson XP-400 wireless printer I have discovered Avery does not support any Apple products and I am SOL. Does anyone have a solution? Surely I'm not the only person wanting to print shipping labels! TIA

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I use Avery templates quite often and I assure you that I'm using them with my Mac. The trick here is that you need to be using a compatible word processor - MS Word for the Mac or Pages. If you notice, the Avery templates are in MS Word template format.

OP
D
Reaction score
I use Avery templates quite often and I assure you that I'm using them with my Mac. The trick here is that you need to be using a compatible word processor - MS Word for the Mac or Pages. If you notice, the Avery templates are in MS Word template format.

Thank you, but I'm still confused. Yes, I have installed Pages and am getting better at using it and bringing over select files from the HP, but if I read your response right then I need to pay $110 to MS for their MS Word for Mac. Right?

I must be missing something that nobody has figured out how to write an app for Apple products to print mailing labels. Guess I'll go back to hand writing labels, but I hate that unprofessional look for my cottage biz. Giving Lord Gates another $110 isn't in the cards either!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Sorry about the confusion.... ;) But if you have installed Pages, you can indeed use the Avery Address Template. I thought you caught my hint that Pages will work... in any event please read through the following thread from the Apple Discussions Forum. No need to buy Mac Office. Follow this LINK

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Avery for Mac, see here

I don't believe he's looking for those kind of labels. The standard Avery address labels are 2" x 4" plain white and come in sheets. I buy them at Staples but they're also available at Office Depot and other stores.

OP
D
Reaction score
Sorry about the confusion.... ;) But if you have installed Pages, you can indeed use the Avery Address Template. I thought you caught my hint that Pages will work... in any event please read through the following thread from the Apple Discussions Forum. No need to buy Mac Office. Follow this LINK

THANK YOU!!! Isn't it funny or weird that in talking to the help lines at both Avery as well as Office Depot that their online research gave the canned responses that they do NOT support Apple products? Call me naive if you just laughed out loud!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.