iOS 7 Voice Memos App delays when pressing record button on iPhone 4s

Reaction score
Hello,

After iOS 7 update, my iPhone 4s Voice Memo App has 5 second delay when the record button is pressed. When it starts recording, it goes from 0 seconds to 5 or so seconds that it shows has recorded. This happens randomly and often, sometimes it will have the 5+ second delay but starts recording at zero seconds. Besides the delay it has been working fine as far as saving and playback is concerned. I have plenty of storage on the phone itself and it NEVER had this problem before I updated to iOS 7. I've reset the phone a couple times by holding down the power and home buttons at the same time. The reason I have an issue with this is that I'm always recording song ideas, melodies, and scratch takes; what I'm saying is when I come up with an idea I need to be able to know that when I hit record it will start right then so I don't forget anything that has just popped in my mind.
Does anyone have a solution or suggestion?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
It may be a bug with iOS 7, or related to performance issues with iOS 7 on the iPhone 4S. The only thing to really try is to do a full backup in iTunes; restore iOS 7 to the iPhone; then restore the backup. That may help... this is the equivalent of doing a "clean" install on a Mac and sometimes can clear up lingering buggy behavior from doing upgrade installs.

To do a backup, connect your iPhone to your computer; open iTunes; right-click on your iPhone in the panel on the left; select "Backup".

To do a restore, I recommend using the option that says "Restore iPhone", NOT the one that says "Restore Backup". This will ensure iOS is cleanly installed on your iPhone. When that much is done, it will then prompt you to either set this up as a new iPhone or restore from the latest backup. You can now restore from backup to get all your apps and preferences back on the iPhone.

If that doesn't work, then unfortunately there's little else to do but hope a future update to iOS addresses the problem. You may be better off looking for a 3rd party app that performs better.

C

chas_m

Could also be a matter of having a very full iPhone, meaning the program has to look for any available space to record.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.