internet connect wants to disconnect

C

catchawave

For some reason my internet connect on my ibook will ask every once in a while if I want to stay connected or not.
Where do I go to disable that?? I've done it once before on my eMac but I don't remember where I went...
Thanks.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Ok, Just checked on mine. Open System Preferences, then click on Network then on Internal Modem, then on Configure then on PPP Options. The 2nd one down says Prompt every 30 Minutes to maintain connection. Uncheck that and it will never ask nor disconnect you or change the time to something more. I keep it unchecked.

Hope that helps you out.

OP
C

catchawave

dtravis7 said:
Ok, Just checked on mine. Open System Preferences, then click on Network then on Internal Modem, then on Configure then on PPP Options. The 2nd one down says Prompt every 30 Minutes to maintain connection. Uncheck that and it will never ask nor disconnect you or change the time to something more. I keep it unchecked.

Hope that helps you out.

Ah yes - Thanks, it was indeed checked. It is now unchecked.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.