Photo Size

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hi Pless65 - welcome to the forum! :) Since this is your first post, I would suggest that supplying the specs of your computer and also the OS being used is pretty much a necessity.

SO, I'm assuming that you are using a recent OS, such as Mtn Lion or Mavericks - if so you can do much w/ the built-in Preview app - I've attached a pic of an image of a local BBQ restaurant opened in Preview - I first tapped the 'Edit' button (red arrow) which opens the edit bar below - you can crop and resize (the latter the blue arrow) - SO this app can easily crop & resize images (and also do much more, such as add the arrows in my image) - let us know if this helps? Dave

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 7.40.50 PM.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21" iMac 2.9Ghz 16GB RAM - 10.11.3, iPhone6s & iPad Air 2 - iOS 9.2.1, ATV 4Th Gen tvOS, ATV3
I was going to point you too a App called Quick Resizer on the Mac App Store, but i seemed to go got it when it was in the Beta and for free, but now its 99¢, and with the App, you just drag a image into it, and give it a size Vertical or Horizontal.

FYI, if you need to resize a lot of images, you can also use Automator, and make a Workflow. I have 1 for making images 800x600 and i can do this in batches 100+ images at a time, or just the one if need be. Something to think about also if you are continuously having to resize images too.

Also, if you are wanting to resize to use in a forum like this, you can use a Image Hosting site like imgur.com where you can set your image size, and a folder you want it to go into, (within your account) and you drag a image into the Safari window and it will rezise the image, then give you a bunch of URL's that you can use to post straight into say Mac-Forums post, using the
tags. This way i like because it leaves me with the original size image on my Mac, and then different sizes in my Imgur account. . .

Just another couple of ways to do it, as you didn't really give us too much info as to why or where you are putting the resized image :)

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Well, Tmac has given you some additional options (and others certainly exist) - just unclear what your needs may be? So, please explain because your choice(s) will depend on you needs.

But as to 'batch processing', Preview can serve for a limited number of images - YES! Attached is a screen capture of 4 pics that I brought into Preview, each can be scrolled through and edits (such as resizing) chosen - SO, again try what is already on your computer - may be enough - probably serves 90% or more of my needs - Dave :)

Screen Shot 2014-02-20 at 9.34.03 PM.png

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.