iphone into usb port

Reaction score
my sony indash stereo is about 4 years old but does have the usb ipod port on the front, form what i searched it says i can plug my iphone into it. question is can i, and if i do use this to listen to my music form my iphone will the phone then work threw my stereo, will it interrupt the music to let me know i have a call and will i be able to hear the caller on my car speakers. in other words will it work just like if i didnt have it connected to my stereo. figured that would begreat because id be able to listen to my music without having to try to hear if my iphone is ringing over the stereo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
Short answer no you heed Bluetooth integration for that but most units in the last 3 to 4 years had an add on Bluetooth kit whether it is still available for your model is another question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
09 MBP 8GB ram 500GB HD OS 10.9 32B iPad 4 32GB iPhone 5 iOs7 2TB TC Apple TV3
That is usually reserved for music only I would have to have your model specific to actually know its capabilities.

C

chas_m

All iPhones automatically mute the music if a call comes in. Contrary to what osxx said, I believe that connecting your iPhone to the USB port through its normal 30-pin (or Lightning) to USB cable should work exactly as you expect it would.

Because my vehicle is old and doesn't have an AUX ⅛" input or a USB input, I use a cassette adapter that goes from my headphone jack to the car stereo. The music mutes when a call comes in, and the sound from the phone is played through my car speakers.

OP
H
Reaction score
now to see if it will charge my iphone. i would think so seeing as its for a ipod connection.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.