WiFi drop outs.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 21in 2.5 GHz Core i5-ipad Air-iphone 32gb
I have an ipad air which regularly loses WiFi connection, i can turn on /off WiFi on the ipad and it connects OK again. I have 2 x iphones and a imac which all connect without any drop outs. I had a old ipad 2 which connected perfectly all the time as well. Has anybody else had this problem? Could it be a problem with the new WiFi standards on the ipad air? I'm connecting to BT infinity fibre optic.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Since all your other devices are connecting without difficulty we can assume your home network is working OK. If your iPad Air is still covered by the Apple warranty, it might be best to take it to Apple and let them check it out. The iPad Air WiFi and cellular capability has not been changed.

C

chas_m

Does the iPad Air have this problem anywhere you connect to Wi-Fi, or just at home?

OP
andyboy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
imac 21in 2.5 GHz Core i5-ipad Air-iphone 32gb
Only use the iPad at home. Going to get it checked out this week, I will post results of that later. Thanks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.