ipod apps

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2012 13" MBP i5
Ok right now I'm very confused.

I have an app called EQ-10, and since i cannot go past iOS 6, its stuck in a previous version. Nothing wring with this, as for the fact that i freaking love the old version.

In itunes the app is up to date at version 3.3, hence the version I DO NOT WANT! But soon i plan to get a device that has iOS 7, i was told the previous version of EQ-10 will work on iOS 7

A focal point. In itunes the app is up to date and yet my ipod has the previous version. I want to get the previous version off my ipod into itunes and get rid of the new version.

so basically how do i get an older version of an app off my ipod to itunes

My main point behind this is that the older ver. (pre ver. 3.3) of EQ-10, had a 10 band or 3 band equalizer. I use it mostly for different sets of headphones or speakers i have. It has great features and all kinds of crazy stuff (if you don't know about EQ-10) Now recently with the 3.3 update, they no longer offer the sliders or 3band/10band EQ feature.

one setup (old version)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/x41zau3925b0v0k/2014-02-18 19.56.11.png

second setup (old version)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/o0auwpapw1gjzzm/2014-02-18 19.56.14.png

Newest version
https://www.dropbox.com/s/b06geu92w2b2tf6/Screen Shot 2014-02-18 at 7.57.18 PM.png

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
I don't blame you for wanting to keep the older version. Not sure I even understand what the new version is all about?

Anyway, you're probably going to need software to move the older version of EQ 10 from your iPod back to iTunes. You can't do it by syncing. Most of the third party software available will move music, videos, and messages back to iTunes, but finding one that can move an app will be difficult.

Where did you originally buy the older version of EQ 10 from? It's possible the older version is still available for download?

Another thing you might try... is backup your iPod to iTunes and then when you buy a new iPod or whatever that has iOS 7, restore your apps from the backup.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2012 13" MBP i5
I don't blame you for wanting to keep the older version. Not sure I even understand what the new version is all about?

Anyway, you're probably going to need software to move the older version of EQ 10 from your iPod back to iTunes. You can't do it by syncing. Most of the third party software available will move music, videos, and messages back to iTunes, but finding one that can move an app will be difficult.

Where did you originally buy the older version of EQ 10 from? It's possible the older version is still available for download?

Another thing you might try... is backup your iPod to iTunes and then when you buy a new iPod or whatever that has iOS 7, restore your apps from the backup.

To : chscag

To answer your question, i originally got the app off of itunes on sale for $0.99, later i think it went back up to a $1.99 or something, not quite sure. As for ability to download I can only get the newest version of EQ-10 from itunes

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In that case, you're probably going to have to rely on making a backup of your older iPod content and restore it when you buy the new iPod. I would back it up both to iTunes and the cloud.

Another option "might" be going direct to the developer of the app to see if the older version is still available for download. However, I believe the backup and restore method should work.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2012 13" MBP i5
Thank you chscag, im backing up to icloud so i have that data there, though i have all my apps currently in itunes, also i have a few backups as well. New Question: if i have the app versions i want in icloud but have the rest of the apps i want in itunes, would i sync the new device with itunes and then get the apps off of icloud and re-write the new version with the old? or would i get the apps off of icloud first and then sync the rest of the apps from itunes?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sync your new device with iTunes first and then restore what you need from backup. Otherwise you may overwrite the apps you want to keep. And by all means be careful what you choose to sync and make sure you have a backup that you can rely on.

Unless you decide to get rid of your old iPod, it might be a good idea to hang on to it for awhile just in case. I've got three models of the Nano and several Shuffles laying around for just that reason.

If you intend to buy an iPhone, you might want to get hold of the "File Explorer" for the iPhone which will let you move apps around in iOS.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
mid 2012 13" MBP i5
Cool thank you very much! Currently its an 32 GB ipod touch (4th gen) And i have a 6th gen ipod nano 8 GB, i was planning to get the 7th or 8th gen of the ipod nano and then a 5th or 6th gen ipod touch and hopefully in 32 GB as well. I like iOS6 and the shinny glossy look with RLE but now some of my apps just wont work and that brushed over look is starting to get to me lol so I'm looking to update soon.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.