EXPORT YAHOO! MAIL TO Gmail?

Reaction score
have MacBook 10.6.8, and Yahoo classic mail [free]. fed up. have switched to Gmail, want to transfer/export my yahoo mail...all of it, to Gmail. read about how lousy yahoo and the process is. i know if not paid yahoo and POP3, cannot move. read about 3rd party apps; either for windows or they charge. thunderbird, it seems, will import ALL yahoo emails and all folders to thunderbird and THEN one can export to Gmail. is that correct?

if i have to pay for something better, so be it, but not to Yahoo! thanks for all help, kurt

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
You're actually talking about two different things here. If you've recently switched your ISP from Yahoo to Google (gmail), you should be able to forward your Yahoo mail to the gmail account until you get everyone notified of your new email address. Yahoo should have a forwarding option.

Thunderbird mail is free and a very good mail client but if you can forward your Yahoo mail direct that would be best. Also, I'm not sure Thunderbird can do what you're asking.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.