Extending my wifi

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
21.5" iMac 3.1 GHz Intel i7, 16 GB Ram
Not sure if I have accomplished much, but thought I would ask. I have converted to Bell Fibe for TV/Internet and have a new modem/connection hub made by Sagecom. I retired my Airport Extreme router to the side of my desk, until today. I have a lot of devices working wirelessly in my home....iPads, Televisions (Bell Fibe works wirelessly) and Smartphones. I started using Netflix and it required a few reboots to play a program I was watching. I turned off a few devices and Netflix was fine. My thought was the devices could be interfering with my signal which has a published speed of 25 Mbps. So here's what I did.

I plugged in my Apple Extreme router directly into my connection hub via CAT5, fired it up and found the network name in my network preferences on my iMac. I logged in and voila, it worked. Now here is the question. Is this really effective? That is, if I use a few devices, say like my Smartphones and iMac with the Extreme and the others with my Sagecom connection hub which is running the TVs, am I any better off? The Extreme always had good range. Appreciate the feedback.

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Didn't think it was that tough a question. Anyone?

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
We'll after dedicating my Apple Extreme router to my TV that has a built-in Netflix it seems to improve connectivity. The Extreme has good wireless range for sure.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.