Anyone else have a 7" Samsung Galaxy Tab 3?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac mini | Intel Core i5 | 8 GB RAM | 240 GB SSD | Dell 27" LCD | OS X 10.10.x
Hey everyone. I may be writing this on my Mac mini, but a new toy I recently picked up is a 7” Samsung Galaxy Tab 3, the Wifi version. Anyone else have one of these? I was at CostCo (we’re members) and it seemed like too good an offer to pass up — $30 rebate, so I walked out with it for about $170.

I guess the reason I ask is because I’m interested in other people’s reactions. Seems like some very negative things have been said about it in reviews. The thing is, yeah, from a specs perspective, I guess other tablets outdo it. But the thing is, for the price, and to just have a small device to have so that I could get back into Android again, I don’t think it’s a horrible tablet. That’s the key — overall, it’s not bad.

Sure, sometimes I notice that the speed could be a little better here and there, and the screen may not be retina or anything like that, but the quality seems good, and images and text are crisp. Some people have complained about the Wifi reception, but in my experience it just depends on various factors, like how you hold it or where you are in the house with it. Once you start using it and start swiping, it works well, and the games I’ve tried so far run without any problems.

8 GB of storage isn’t huge, but since I’m only playing casual games, and everything else is going to come from the cloud, who cares? Otherwise, even though it’s just a piece of plastic, it’s easy to hold and use. Sound quality is good. Setup was easy, and all my Google stuff and purchases transferred over when I entered in my account details. Also, another nice little bonus was that it came with a carrying pouch — neat, and unexpected.

So far the price, it’s not perfect, but then again I don’t regret buying it either. Any other Tab owners here?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.