dealing with older router

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
Cleaning out a box of older tech stuff and I come across a net gear router that I used before I picked up an airport. Thought I might sell it but I am wondering if there is any cleaning I need to do before I turn it over to someone. As far as I know, Netgear still has me in their data bank somewhere that is associated with that router.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - might want to provide some information on the model/age of the router - also, what is the 802.11 technology (i.e. a/b/g/n/ac) and the security offered? Just tying to determine what its current value may be and if someone would want an 'older' router since new ones are not that expensive (Apple excluded! ;)).

I've had 3 routers (Linksys x 2 & Cisco Valet) - now an AirPort Extreme - I've simply 'Reset' each and them given them to Goodwill - there should be a button (might be recessed) on the device to reset to factory settings which will delete all of your personal data - the router will behave like the day of purchase - more information HERE. Dave :)

OP
T
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac-21.5"(2017):OS Catalina 10.15.2 IOS13.3 iPhone 8+ iPadpro v2
RadDave, the reset is just what I was looking for. Thanks for the info

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.