Child Tracking for iPads?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 16 Inch 2019 MacOS Catalina 10.15.3 (19D76)
Is there anyway a parent can track their child's use of his or her iPad?
How about iPad blocking adult material on the iPad?
Thank you.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Air M2 ('22) OS 14.3; M3 iMac ('23) OS 14.3; iPad Pro; iPhone 14
Hello - assume that you have looked at Settings > General > Restrictions which will allow parental control of the iPad w/ a passcode - information HERE (look at the bottom items that can be expanded).

As to tracking, Safari of course will keep a browsing history and if this can be locked w/ restrictions enabled (don't know - I've never used this feature on my iPad), then that may serve your purpose. Not sure if there are any iPad apps available that would help, so hopefully others will 'chime in' about the issue. Dave :)

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
My 8 year old has his own iPad Mini. I have set restrictions such that Safari is disabled entirely. In its place, I've added the K9 Web Browser for iPad, which has fantastic filtering capabilities.

Aside from this measure, you can tweak and tune what actions you want your child to be able to perform in the 'Restrictions' area Dave mention above. I just wanted to chime in regarding K9 as I use it with great success, not only on my iDevices, but also on my PCs and Macs. It not only keeps the cruft out, but also prevents someone from stumbling into malware.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.