iweb - ilife

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
heya

what does anyone think of ilife 06 especialy iweb (if thats what it is called) please post loadza comments could be interesting

cheers

chris :mac: :p

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Powerbook G4 • 24" iMac • iPhone 3Gs
There are tons of glitches in iMovie, iDVD, and iPhoto. (They just fixed them in the 10.4.5 update.) I think it was a premature release for iLife overall.

iWeb kind of let me down with it's ability to customize the templates, but you can kind of "trick it" to do what you want. The pages are written in bloated code with frames, which is very slow to load. For some reason large text is converted to an image when uploaded. Here's my site created completely with iWeb. Digital Memories

Over all I think it's a decent program, but not for *serious* web developers. The only reason I used it for my website is that I wanted something easy to update and change, and with GoLive on GoDaddy.com, it's not that easy.

I think it's a decent purchase, but if you're content with iLife '05 and don't want to spend the $, you're not missing much. However, if you need a pretty simple website creation program, and not looking for a ton of customization, then iWeb might be right for you. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminium Macbook 2.4 Ghz 4GB RAM, SSD 24" Samsung Display, iPhone 4, iPad 2
If I hadn't needed to get it for work purposes, I don't think I would bother to be honest...
iWeb really that spectacular, and I agree that the whole package feels a bit rushed-> iMovie was unusable for me until the recent patch came out.

I think primarily the work was done on making the apps universal binaries...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
1.67 Ghz 17" PB w/1 GB Ram; 400 MHz PM G4, 366Mhz iBook Firewire, Nano 4GB Black
For the average user, iWeb is an incredible piece of software. Someone with no web design experience can wip up a good looking site in 30 minutes.

At the same time, it's certainly no GoLive or Dreamweaver (not that it tries to be). It's just not customizable enough. I do look forward to seeing future releases of it, though.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.