Ppt to pdf

Reaction score
Why went I convert a ppt file to a pdf file on my Mac does the file size get significantly larger. The same action on a pc actually keeps the file size the same or smaller

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
It depends on the content of the PPT ( graphics )
My suggestion is to simply give it a go and verify file sizes.

Cheers ... McBie

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
In addition to what McBie stated, your PC uses a third party program to convert a Powerpoint file to PDF whereas it's built into the Mac. The result here is we don't know how you set the conversion on your PC.

OP
L
Reaction score
Don't know what PC users have set. I just know that when I convert the ppt file, even if it has no graphics that the file always gets larger whereas, when a friend takes that same ppt file and converts it to pdf on a PC, the file is either the same size or smaller. Sometimes the pdf file converted from ppt on my macbook is significantly! larger. This makes it difficult to upload to learning platforms because of file size limitations and upload time.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
OK, that's fine. Try this.... after converting the Powerpoint file to PDF, open it with Preview and then trim it or enlarge it to the size you wish before uploading. An extra step perhaps but at least you'll be able to control the size you want.

OP
L
Reaction score
Ok, that worked great after I figured out where to reduce it. So I had to go to export file and then one of the options is reduce file size. The file went from 6.1 to 2.1 MB. Thanks! In 2 years no one has been able to figure this out!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Great. Glad that it worked for you. Have fun. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.