new user with some questions????

Reaction score
hi all,first off great forum,lots of great info,ok so heres the story,i am a linux user for many years and i got a deal on a late 2010 macbook air 13inch,i also have a 5gen ipod touch,now heres my question or questions,i am pretty frustrated with these devices,i have heard so much about compatibility with apple devices,i conected the ipod via bluetooth to transfer some photos and got a message stating it wont work,i couldnt browse the ipod from the mac,then i tried airplay to transfer the phtos,no luck,i t seems ipod and mac dont work via airplay,so i opened a icloud account and added photos in my photo stream but i dont see them in my shared folder on the mac,what am i doing wrong and why is this so difficult,i just want to transfer photos between the mac and ipod,this must be possible,any tips and info would be great,thanx,very frustrated so far,

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
Welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having so much trouble with the setup. I can assure you that once we get past the initial setup things should go quite easily,

To get the initial sync done give this a try. Once the page loads select the type of synching you would like to perform from the links provided. Personally I recommend USB for the initial setup/sync.

This page will give you some additional info, if needed, about syncing various media types.

OP
G
Reaction score
thanx very much for the reply,does airplay and blutooth not work between ipod touch and a mac air,i just want to transfer one photo here and there,and maybe a mp3 or something,i kinda thought apple products with features would be compatible with each other,again thanx for the reply,i cant be the only one with a ipod and a air.

Slydude

Staff member
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
M1 MacMini 16 GB - Ventura, iPhone 14 Pro Max, 2015 iMac 16 GB Monterey
I haven't used AirDrop. This should get you started OK.
The AirPlay side of things focuses on streaming without necessarily transferring the content. Link

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.