Recovering deleted trash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I tried Stellar Phoenix Free download. It took hours to look for hidden files (which I accepted) but when I wanted to recover certain types it asked for a Activation Code which I couldn't find anywhere. I gave up. What I really want to knows thoughts on Wondershare recovery software. Is it any good and how much does it cost.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I don't believe any of the long timers around here are going to recommend Wonderspam anything as they have been in the nasty habit of spamming this forum along with a great many others all over the web. If you really want to know how much it costs, why not look on their website which is what we would have to do...

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for nothing. I've tried looking for the cost on their website and it only gives Free downloads, which probably means there is a payment requirement when you try to recover files. Data Rescue 3 seems to be popular, but at a price. Dearer in the UK than USA.

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Most of the reliable data recovery software for OS X are all in the $100 U.S price range.

Sorry, but just went myself to their site and right next to the 'Free Trial' button is a 'Buy Now' button with price listed.

I still wouldn't give that company any money if they were 25% the price of everyone else.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPad Pro 12.9 latest iOS
These are the 3 most reliable applications to recover from data loss on OS X ... They are classified as " Backup Software " .... to be used before data loss occurs.
Time Machine ( Free )
SuperDuper!
Carbon Copy Cloner

Amen.

Cheers ... McBie

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for nothing. I've tried looking for the cost on their website and it only gives Free downloads, which probably means there is a payment requirement when you try to recover files. Data Rescue 3 seems to be popular, but at a price. Dearer in the UK than USA.

Almost every data recovery program that I've seen...will allow you to download their program for free...so you can scan the storage device for the lost/deleted files. Then of course (if the files are found)...the user will be "foaming at the mouth" to get their files back...and this is when the developers of the app ask for payment.

Bottom line. You get free scanning...but to recover things...you have to pay. Roughly speaking...most of these programs cost $80-$100 US.

- Nick

OP
J
Reaction score
Thanks for the information. It seems as though Stellar Phoenix is about £60 ($90 or so dollars) and as Apple Support seem to recommend the program, I think I will download that. Unless you know better, as the saying goes). Wish me luck.

pigoo3

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 15" MBP, 16gig ram, 1TB SSD, OS 10.15
Thanks for the information. It seems as though Stellar Phoenix is about £60 ($90 or so dollars) and as Apple Support seem to recommend the program, I think I will download that. Unless you know better, as the saying goes). Wish me luck.

Good luck.:) Please let us know how things turn out. Always great to get some actual user-info/feedback on how effective a specific file recovery program turns out to be.

- Nick

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.